Friday, April 28, 2017

Week 11


For Week 11, I read Love and Rockets #17.

Personally I found this work be alright, nothing I'd go out and buy for myself but enjoyable for a past time reading. What I did find interesting though was the representation of different characters in the comic. Just about every character was different from the last visually, and this even applied with some of the background-ish characters.  It also showed all types of women and although it didn't have a ton of people of color, the ones that were shown were all unique as well and didn't fit into any kind of stereotype which is always nice to read. The more "simple but also grunge" type of art style and narrative isn't something I especially like, but it wasn't unbearable either.


Probably the most interesting parts in the comic I read were these moments of almost surrealism and imagination. They were few and far in between, but these moments really stuck out in my head because of the honesty of the little girl and just the strangeness of it all. I almost wish more of the comic had these types of moments.



No comments:

Post a Comment