Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Week 4


For week four, I chose to read  The Black Panther: King Solomon's Frog. As a fan of Black Panther since I was a kid, it was very interesting to see what his oringinal design as a super hero was. From how I know the Black Panther, he is the current King of Wankanda, and it's a warriors title that is passed down from each family heir. He is also more combat based, and a protector of his people. In this version, I'm not so sure of his origins, as he is more mysterious, and his "powers" are more like heightened senses and the ability to "sense" others like a cat.


 I also think it's interesting that in modern day representations of The Black Panther, he is very clearly defined as a African man, and they make sure to show his face and family multiple times as to better clarify his diversity as a protagonist. In the older comics, it seems like The Black Panther doesn't really talk, and they also don't show his face at all, so the readers don't truly know who he is. I think both versions are interesting, and very telling of the times in which they were produced.


No comments:

Post a Comment